Fall 2018: Congregational Care for Clergy Health | Digital Download
FALL 2018 PREVIEW:
Our Fall 2018 issue of Church Health Reader seeks to give both congregations and their leaders inspiration and tools for how to be intentional about the life of our leaders. Whether you are looking to do something new to address the issue of clergy health or this is the first time you’re engaging with the topic, this issue will provide the foundational tools for leaders to take the first step care for themselves as they care for congregations.
Inside the Fall 2018 issue on clergy health:
- Leading, Living, and the Way to Health: Q&A with Jim Wallis. Public theologian and Sojourners president Jim Wallis reflects on his own story of becoming committed to better health as a ministry leader.
- The Pastor’s Health: A Mutual Ministry of Service, by Scott Morris. Prioritizing clergy health is an opportunity for ministry partnership. If we focus on clergy health and start to improve the health outcomes of spiritual leaders, we see improved health for entire congregations.
- In Search of Rest: Sabbath Rhythms for Health, by Denise Baker. If clergy can have one full day of holy rest, is it possible to change a congregation’s culture so others also find ways to more fully embrace a holy rhythm of work and rest?
- All for the Kingdom: Sacrifice or Count the Cost? by Matthew Patrick. Congregations can support their pastors by discerning the difference between expecting and accepting sacrifice. A pastor is one who has made the life of faith a vocation, not to become infallible.
- The Model for Healthy Living for Clergy. Four pages to help clergy pause and assess wellness against the backdrop of vocation and reflect on ways to support a healthy life to continue answering God’s call to a healthy ministry.
Please note: This resource is a digital download. After completing your purchase, a file will be available for you to download, print and share. Please allow up to 48 hours for delivery. Permission to reproduce for non-commercial ministry use.
Want to receive a full year of encouragement and practical guidance for creating happier, healthier communities from Church Health Reader?
SUBSCRIBE HERE >>