Foundations of Faith Community Nursing Curriculum: Participant Guide 2019 Revision
Foundations of Faith Community Nursing is a comprehensive curriculum preparing licensed registered nurses for the specialized practice of professional nursing focused on intentional care of the spirit as well as promotion of whole-person health and preventing or minimizing illness. Fifteen modules align with Faith Community Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice (2017, 3rd edition) published by the American Nurses Association and the Health Ministries Association. A rank of practicing faith community nurses with advanced degrees offer their knowledge and experience to this premier program to equip nurses to leverage their training and work in congregations and other faith-based settings for healthier communities.
This course will enrich your practice with:
- Research related to the module topics
- Faith Tradition explorations
- Key Terms with clear definitions to support essential concepts
- Content Outline to serve as reference material in the future
- Critical Thinking Questions to help process learning
- Learning Activities for individual or group application
- Standards of Practice connecting content and competencies
As a leader in faith community nursing education, consultation, and research for over 30 years, the Westberg Institute for Faith Community Nursing serves health ministry programs worldwide. Its mission is to promote the development of high-quality outcomes-based FCN practice as part of an overall health ministry program.
To learn more about the Westberg Institute, visit westberginstitute.org
Please note this book is intended to be used for courses based on the 2019 Revision of Foundations for Faith Community Nursing.