The Essential Parish Nurse
By Deborah Patterson
The Essential Parish Nurse is a practical and useful resource for churches that are interested in developing a parish nurse program. Covering a broad range of issues, this book discusses the need for health ministry, a brief history of parish nursing, the role of the parish nurse, and other details.
The valuable guide includes an appendix with sample materials needed to start a parish nursing ministry:
- parish nurse job description
- congregational health needs survey
- service of installation for a parish nurse
- parish nurse survey for the congregation
- parish nurse performance evaluation tool
- parish nurse outcomes measurement tool
- list of parish nurse resources.
About the Author
Deborah L. Patterson is executive director of the International Parish Nurse Resource Center and Deaconess Parish Nurse Ministries in St. Louis, Missouri, and an ordained United Church of Christ minister. She received the M.Div. from Eden Theological Seminary in St. Louis and holds of Master in Health Administration from Washington University School of Medicine. Patterson lives in St. Louis, Missouri.
This Resource is available with bulk discount pricing.